Safety Glasses for both Protection & Fashion
Safety glasses are an essential component of personal protective equipment (PPE) that can guard the eyes from dangers at work or while engaging in activities like sports or work such as construction. Safety glasses can aid in preventing significant eye injuries that could result in loss of vision, a decline in quality of life, or even blindness. In fact, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) estimates that every day in the United States, about 2,000 employees get an eye injury that demands medical attention.
Safety glasses haven’t always been the trendiest or most appealing eyewear on the market. After all, paying a minor price to keep your vision safe is worth it. However, a select few companies are working to change this and promote the belief that safety glasses don’t have to be ugly. In addition to protecting your vision in whatever work you have, several of the manufacturers we’ll be discussing today are creating safety glasses that are created to perfectly integrate into your surroundings. Nobody will even be able to tell you’re wearing them!
The Benefits of Stylish Safety Glasses
Many jobs around the world require you to wear Safety Glasses as a way to protect yourself and the people around you. The biggest problem people have with safety glasses is their lack of style. Much like how children don’t like wearing a helmet because they’re ‘uncool’, Safety specs follow a similar path with people not enjoying wearing them whether it be because they don’t like how they look or they’re uncomfortable. Here a just a few reasons why considering upgrading your safety specs to one of the below-mentioned brands will be worth your time.
- Fashion & Looking Good: If you think you are good at something then the chance are you’re going to want to wear it again. The same can be applied to any type of eyewear. Think of the first time you wore safety specs. How did it make you feel? You probably like an idiot or at least you won’t wait to take them off. Stylish Safety specs are designed to look good so if you enjoy wearing them you can keep safe and feel good about yourself at the same time.
- Encourages you to wear them: If you’re anything like me, you hate wearing things you dislike. Whether it be a hat at a wedding or a helmet on my bike, I always tried to avoid wearing them even if my safety was a risk. If this sounds like you, then changing up your Safety Glasses to a more modern design, one that suits you, can only encourage you to wear them more.
How to Choose the Right Pair of Safety Glasses
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
Different Types of Protective Eyewear
Every brand we recommend in this article has been tried and tested by one or more members of our team. At Just My Glasses we strive for the very best impartial and accurate information to help you find the perfect protective eyewear for you. Each pair of glasses was tested for at least 4 weeks with both pros and cons considered. Please take the time to consider all your options and do your own due diligence before purchasing any individual pair of glasses from the brands below.
- Safety Glasses (Standard): As a general rule of thumb, standard safety glasses are simple protective eyewear that fits snugly around the eyes to prevent contaminants from entering the eyes. Usually made of shatter-resistant, yet durable, plastic the most basic Safety Glasses are simple yet affordable.
- Tactical Glasses: Tactical Eyewear is the name given to safety glasses specifically designed for use in law enforcement or military situations. These are probably the hardest and most durable type of eyewear you’ll find as they’ll have to withstand a wide variety of different situations and environments. Tactical Glasses may also include additional features such as polarized lenses or night vision for seeing in the dark. They also are the most expensive type of safety eyewear.
- Googles: Googles are slightly different than typical safety eyewear as they completely enclose the eye and create a higher seal of protection. These types of eyewear are best in more extreme environmental conditions and can protect against things such as chemicals, dust, and debris.
- Vehicle Glasses: These types of protective eyewear are made with durability in mind. They have such features as Impact resistance, scratch resistance, UV protection, or a wrap-around design that offers complete coverage and shields the eyes from objects or other dangers are all options.
How We Rate the Safety Glasses
Every brand we recommend in this article has been tried and tested by one or more members of our team. At Just My Glasses we strive for the very best impartial and accurate information to help you find the perfect eyewear for you. Each pair of glasses was tested for at least 4 weeks with both pros and cons considered. Please take the time to consider all your options and do your own due diligence before purchasing any individual pair of glasses from the brands below.
1. Bomber Eyewear
Founded by world champion Jet Ski Racer Tommy Bonacci, Bomber Eyewear is all about providing protective eyewear with both comfort and style. Made with ANSI Z87+, an impact-resistant material, and a host of patented technologies, Bomber Eyewear is paving the way for Performance-Driven Innovation glasses.
Stoggles was founded in 2020 during the height of the global pandemic. With modern innovative designs with styles that are most popular in sunglasses inspired by such brands as Ray-Ban and Oakey. With translucent frames, in a variety of colors, and affordability costing only $39.00 per pair.
3. Bolle Safety
World-class Jet Ski racer Tommy Bonacci founded Bomber Eyewear to provide fashionable and comfortable protective eyewear. Bomber Eyewear is setting the standard for innovation-driven, performance-driven eyewear by utilising ANSI Z87+ impact-resistant material and unique technology. Established in 1888, Bolle Safety provides reasonably priced safety eyewear with a reputation for innovation and style.
4. Wiley X
Veteran-founded and family-owned since 1987, Wiley X provides a huge array of safety eyewear fit for the world’s harshest environments. Wiley X is our top pick for Tactical Eyewear having sold its eyewear to the government, military, and first responders. With a proven track record and glasses starting at just $44.00, I’m sure you’ll find something for you.
5. Edge Eyewear
Edge Eyewear is the final brand on our list. Edge Eyewear stands out in the market by creating the greatest anti-fog technology, using materials that are virtually indestructible, and putting their products through rigorous third-party testing to ensure that their safety criteria are met. They have fantastic backing and built a community around trust and innovation in the space.
Final Verdict – So what do you think?
Safety glasses are a crucial item of personal protective equipment that can shield the eyes from dangers at work or while engaging in sports or home improvement tasks. In addition to being crucial for avoiding eye damage, they can also be fashionable and stylish. In this post, we’ve featured some of the most fashionable safety glasses available and given advice on how to pick the ideal pair for your individual needs. We sure hope that you have found this information to be useful and urge you to get a fashionable pair of safety glasses so that you can benefit from both style and practicality.
Please get in touch with us. Please share your thoughts in the comments if you have any further suggestions for fashionable safety eyewear or first-hand knowledge of the items covered in this post. We’d also look to hear about your individual experiences with the brands above!
Disclaimer: Just My Glasses may use affiliate links in some of its articles. This means that if you click on one of the links on this page to make a purchase, we might get a small commission without charging you anything extra. We only endorse goods that we have personally tried and firmly believe in, and the use of affiliate connections enables us to keep giving our readers useful information.